Blake_H
Hello, I am an SDR at a start up and we are currently reading Predictable Revenue. I was doing some research online for other good books to help myself and our sales team and I found this site: http://blog.startupinstitute.com/2015-3-12-books-for-your-sales-career/. I've only read a few on there so far (and I really enjoyed them) so I'm assuming the others are good choices too. Thought that I would share in case there were other people at startups looking for good sales books. 

The Books
  1. Give and Take - Adam Grant
  2. Rework - Jason Fried & David Heinemeier
  3. The Challenger Sale - Matthew Dixon
  4. Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely
  5. Predictable Revenue - Aaron Ross
  6. Zero to One - Peter Thiel
  7. The Four Hour Work Week - Timothy Ferriss
  8. The Lean Startup - Eric Ries
Quote 1 0

Regius
Zero to One is a GREAT book, especially if you are an early stage startup. It will motivate the hell out of you! I've also read a few others listed there, including Four Hour Work Week although I'm not sure I would want my employees reading that one [rofl]. It is geared more towards "founder only" startups and online businesses or people who hate their current desk jobs. 
Quote 0 0
rg

Most of the books you will read are crap, and more like self-help books than anything useful. You don't want to spend time reading this. Focus on your process first, which is the most important thing in sales. Without a process there's nothing else. No book tells you about a process, but here are a few guidelines: 

1. Identify your Ideal Client Profile. This is very important: who's the person that needs your service/product and that is willing to pay the most? It can take a few months to define this ICP, because it always changes, but this is the fun at sales. You need to define the role of this person, the organization that he works for, the company size, the industry, and the regions/countries where these leads are. This is the most important step in the sales process.

2. Set up your cadence. How do you approach leads? Via cold-email? or calls? A combination of both works great, and you need a tool to do this. We use SalesLoft.

3. Metrics. Measure everything: number of emails sent per week, number of responses, positive outcomes, numbers of clients acquired, etc. Also, don't forget to set goals: how many clients you want to get in the next quarter? how to hit that number based on the number of leads that you are generating now, and based on your conversion rate?

Sales is a very complex profession, and, as a product designer turned startup founder, I can tell you that it's very fun (and very, very methodological).

Remember: if you don't get leads, you don't get sales. Simple.

Quote 1 0
techwhale
Great list HERE!

http://www.techwhale.com
get big in tech.
Quote 0 0
Mike Cartwright
I've read two books by Grant Cardone. Be Obsessed or Be Average really got me motivated and pumped. And I think Sell or Be Sold is a good book to read for any sales professional.

Besides that, I follow the blog of Dharmesh Shah (Hubspot's CTO) that is focused on startups:
http://onstartups.com/
Quote 0 0