innov8
What are thoughts on adapting the cold email template based on which attempt you are reaching out on? For example:

First touch: Intro

Second touch: Communicate benefits

Third touch: Ask for questions

Fourth touch: Communicate benefits

Fifth touch: 'Dont miss out' / last attempt
Quote 0 0

the_wolf_of_tech_sales
I don't have experience in the exact template you reference here, but I will say that adjusting the wording per touch is important. If you send the same prospecting email to the same people 5 times in a row, I think you will have some unhappy customers...

The template you mentioned seems reasonable. I think the key is mixing it up while still providing strong value in each email version (and acknowledging that you have tried contacting them before). 
Quote 0 0
qualify_this
Echoing the_wolf, we have found great success in modifying our email templates depending on which touch we are reaching out to the customer (I am in sales dev). We currently use a 4 touch strategy and have email templates for each tough. We still modify/customize the email depending on the customer's industry and and role, but it saves a great deal of time when following up with customers, allowing higher volumes of touches per day. And we haven't seen a sacrifice in response rates. 
Quote 0 0
innov8
Thank you for your input and help the_wolf_of_tech_sales and qualify_this [smile]
Quote 0 0
jenniferavaughn
My team also changes up our templates. My cadence is quite long....19 touches over 41 days. I have broken it down by pain point and value props and have both a voicemail and email for each. 
Quote 0 0
innov8
Hey Jennifer, wow that is long (and impressive!). I'm curious, what results have you seen from the 19 touches, for example, are there any patterns that show an overwhelming amount of leads convert after say 10 touches? Is there some sort of "threshold" that starts producing results, or is there not a pattern? How'd you guys choose that cadence and time period?
Quote 0 0
jenniferavaughn
Hi, We have actually found that people will convert all the way up to the end, (maybe not 18/19 but def to 16) but I don't have specific numbers at hand.

Right now I am experimenting with accelerating the pace of the first few touches and adding ghosting in before most email sends (We typically schedule 3 days between touches which meant 6 days from phone pickup to phone pickup...too much time IMO). I'm hoping that will allow us to cut the cadence shorter because we'll get more connects sooner.

As for the number, when we created the cadence we looked at the benchmarks which say 9-12 touches is the average to connect with a prospect. That means a longer cadence for the math to work to create​ that average so we built it to be longer.
Quote 0 0