Norcal707

Hey guys,

I’m back! Started a new sales job at a large technology firm and my first month in I closed 60k in sales. I train everyday and considered one of the best in my industry. I’ve been featured in magazines, online publications, and have my own company where I train other companies how to effectively sell their products and services.

Here’s my issue. My new sales manager is telling me that I’m charging too much. I’ve always charged high and have no issues at signing customers up. I can see if I’m charging too high and clients aren’t signing and going with another company but that’s not the case. I’m creating more profit for the company and making more money for myself and my clients are happy.

How should I approach my manager and tell him that I’m going to continue to charge high rates? Seems like a weird issue to complain about especially if I’m bringing in deals for my company.

What do you think? Should I lower my rates? I’m thinking no but would love to hear your opinions on this topic. Thanks!

Quote 0 0

Dex
Seems like you are in a luxury position! Ask him what rate is acceptable for him and then ask why that is the case? 

I show young sales people how to smash their sales quotas and over-perform within 90 days,
without having to work long 60-hour weeks and using weak sales tactics.

Quote 0 0
Norcal707

Me and my boss had a talk, he is also new to the company and the branch manager. His concern is word getting around that I’m charging a client X while another client pays nearly double or triple for same product. 

He asked me “Why are you charging so much?” And I told him because I’m valuable I charge a premium. He began to say no you can’t do that that’s borderline highway robbery... I have a lot of respect for my boss he’s also a personal friend of mine and we’ve both been recruited to new roles in order to help expand this branch. 

I’m going to continue to charge high prices. At the end of the day I’m working to make money, I’m in sales to make money and to provide the best life I can for my family. 

Quote 0 0
Dex
It is the value that you bring. If the technology that you offer the client brings them or saves them 100k/year and it costs 10k but you charge them 30k, what does it matter?

I show young sales people how to smash their sales quotas and over-perform within 90 days,
without having to work long 60-hour weeks and using weak sales tactics.

Quote 0 0