spaceman45
I was looking online for free tools to help me qualify an opportunity or account. Are there any that you know of? For example, if I could enter some information and then have it spit out the best next steps that will help me advance the sale. Is there anything like this out there?
Quote 0 0

Chrisle02
@spaceman45
I have always built these tools myself based on factors like: 1) sales team sales process; 2) products; 3) industry; 4) complexity of the sale; 5) market penetration; 6) how the business qualifies an opportunity; 7) sales org (direct, partnership, ISO) and many other considerations. There may be tools out there, but they are either rigid or cost prohibitive and still require the above consideration when customizing it to your business. 
Hope this helps!

~Chris
Quote 0 0
spaceman45
Hi @Chrisle02, thanks for the insight. So do you script these tools yourself, or how exactly do you build them? I like your idea of building it myself since then I can customize it to my specific company. What have you used to build yours in the past?
Quote 0 0
Chrisle02
@spaceman45 I have used both word and excel. Word works for a more simplistic template, with pre defined drop downs and suggested input examples. For example, you can create a drop down for list of potential incumbents to help better gauge the difficulty of the sale. Excel allows you to lock the entire sheet and create vlookups, formulas (if then statements) and can help ensure the sales reps complete the necessary information needed to move the sale to the next step.
Quote 1 0
spaceman45
Hey Chrisle02 - thanks for the insight. I have been playing around with the excel sheet but it is a slow process as this is sort of a 'side project' for me. You definitely helped point me in the right direction. Thank you!
Quote 0 0
James Anderson
An efficient tool would probably be chargeable. Though you can enjoy the free services during the trial period, it also lets you make a better selection for a tool for marketing.
Quote 0 0