Medley2000
Hello guys!

Well, my question is straightforward: how can I get better at storytelling? I'm new to copywriting, I reckon, and one of the areas that fascinates me is storytelling. However, I also recognize that I have a lot to learn and many skills to develop: hence, I'd like to get your tips on:
  • What structure do you follow at the hour of creating stories for selling?
  • What kind of research do you perform prior to creating a story?
  • What tips and tricks would you recommend to connect better with your target audience?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Quote 0 0

spaceman45
I think the simplest way to tell your customer a story is first to understand exactly what it is that they are trying to do. If you can ask the right questions to understand what they are trying to accomplish and how it brings value to their business, it then is straightforward to explain why the thing that you are selling can help them accomplish their goal. Think about it like a scratch off connect the dot puzzle - Ask the right questions to scratch off and uncover the various dots (information), then connect the dots (information) to tell the story. 

To answer your specific questions:
  1. I would first summarize their goals and challenges, state the proposed solution, then review the tangible benefits of what taking action will yield them.
  2. Research their company, their role, their products, their customers, news articles relating to their business, company statements, etc. Utilize Google and LinkedIn, and more.
  3. Read their bio and their company description. When you speak with the customer, mirror the language that they use and mention some of the things posted in their bios and websites. Show them that you listen to them and that you care about them. If you can communicate to them that you have their best interest in mind, it will go very far. 
Quote 0 0