5G
What's the best way to ask to speak to the decision maker? -assume you've already determined the person you are talking to is not the decision maker.
Quote 0 0

<coder>
Hey 5G, I was actually coming here to ask the same question. I keep running into situations where i'm talking to someone 'looking around at options' then they have to go present it to their boss. is there a strategy for this?
Quote 0 0
Norcal707
I usually just walk in talk to the receptionist then ask for the general manager. Confident keep it short and keep advancing. Get their name or email ask if their in today then go from there
Quote 1 0
Regius
5G,
One thing I do is to restate that I understand the first person's role (so they don't feel like I am undermining them) and then ask "Who else should we pull into this conversation to make this decision?"
This works for me because I do system sales and I often talk to the end user (engineers) first. Then I try to gain access to the manager to talk about the business aspect of the project. 
Quote 1 0
techwhale
Try asking: Who else in the organization cares about this issue in addition to you?

Also the question: How does a decision like this typically get made at ___ Company?

You will be surprised at the information people will divulge...

http://www.techwhale.com
get big in tech.
Quote 1 0
5G
Thanks for the tips, guys!
Quote 0 0
Regius
techwhale wrote:
Try asking: Who else in the organization cares about this issue in addition to you?

Also the question: How does a decision like this typically get made at ___ Company?

You will be surprised at the information people will divulge...

Techwhale I used your line today. It worked well! Thanks [thumb]
Quote 0 0
<coder>
5G wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys!
Ditto
Quote 0 0