Norcal707
I have a customer that I've been trying to work for some time now.  I closed accounts with all his neighbors nearby (similar businesses).  

I use that as leverage and even sent him some pictures of the job site.  What else would you recommend to get into an account that is non responsive?

At what point to do you call it quits?  I refuse to quit but I'm losing a little hope with this guy fellas.
Quote 0 0

SaaSy
:BUMP: 

I would say sometimes there is just not much else you can do. He may simply not need your service (although it sounds like he could benefit if his business is similar to others that you have sold into).

I would highlight the neighbors success (sounds like you already have) and be sure to outline the benefits of HOW your product will change his life, not just the specs. Will he save money? time? reduce stress? You can definitely set a task to follow up again after a few weeks. Maybe the timing is not right for the customer.  
Quote 0 0
Norcal707
Thanks SaaSy.

I'm not giving in just yet I will keep you posted and let you know if I make any progress on this account.  My plan is to outline the benefits as you mentioned and also try to take a more aggressive approach all or nothing kind of deal.  

The main guy I need to talk to has this other joker in the way and he keeps telling me to bug off. 

Thinking of a way around this guy because once I get to the owner I'm confident I can present the benefits and start exploring options with this customer. So we will see what happens thanks again for the response I thought this tread was dead in the water.[smile]
Quote 0 0
the_wolf_of_tech_sales
Can you try contacting someone else in the business? Or leverage one of your existing customers to reach out to him or get a referral? 
Quote 0 0
spaceman45
Do you know anything about what this guy cares about? Or his priorities? 
Quote 0 0
Norcal707
Hey, guys just to give you an update, I have successfully closed this account! It took some creativity to penetrate but in the end I sealed the deal.
Quote 0 0
the_wolf_of_tech_sales
Nice Norcal! Why do you think you were able to successfully close? What were the takeaways?
Quote 1 0
Norcal707
Well, I knew he was in need of my services. When I approached him the last time I told him I was interested in buying their products as well. Once he noticed me as a consumer and not just a typical sales guy he welcomed me with open arms. At that time I was able to direct the conversation in my favor towards closing the deal.

Even though I did not end up purchasing their product, in the end, I reminded him of the recent remodel that they were performing soon. When I did he seemed overwhelmed and stressed about that.

So I brought to his attention how I can make it easier for him and brought up the benefits and solutions towards my products and services. It also helped that I worked with nearly all his neighbors on the road (similar businesses). Funny thing is once I sent the proposal it literally took only 1 hour for him to approve it!
Quote 0 0
bizgifter
if you're looking for an easy way to differentiate and get into multiple accounts - check out bizgifter.com.

Y
ou can send unique prospecting gifts to multiple recipients (and include your logo and an hand-written note)
Quote 0 0
Mike Cartwright
That is great news, Norcal! Also, that was a nice approach. I clearly get why that client approved of the deal, it was just a matter of realizing the benefits that you have to offer. When it comes to closing a deal, that is one of the strategies that I personally love to use. It works like a charm for me. 
Quote 0 0