rg

Hey guys, 

I'm new here and wanted to introduce me. I'm a product designer that founded a startup, and so I needed to leave my position in design to dedicate myself to something I didn't like at first, but that now I enjoy quite a lot, which is sales. Sales for my own startup.

I was looking for forums to chat with people in sales but couldn't find anything, so well done here!

From Berlin.

Would love to know more about you and your daily job!

Quote 0 0

the_wolf_of_tech_sales
Hi rg, welcome to the forum [wave] and glad to hear you are starting to enjoy the sales side of things! I am an engineer by education, although I've spent most of my career in technical sales. I'm sure you will find that your design background will serve you well (and enable you to ask great technical questions) with your customers. 

I'm curious about your startup. Is it just you, do you have a small team, a large team? It sounds like things are going well so far.
Quote 0 0
rg

Hi Wolf! Thanks. We sell translation services. Initially, we built a web platform that connects translators with companies, but we had trouble getting clients via SEO, so we needed to start doing "classic" sales (prospecting, calls, emails) and it worked very well.

Setup is 1 SDR + me. I'm not doing heavy emailing anymore, but just guide this SDR and think more in the overall sales system (countries to cover, roles, type of companies, and a lot of metrics). 

What about you?

Quote 0 0
Regius
Hey rg, welcome and thanks for sharing! Great idea to start a welcome thread.

I bet things are busy for you trying to grow your business! I am currently a Sales Engineer at a large international corporation ($1B> in revenue). We make hardware and software solutions in the test and measurement industry. My day to day is probably quite different from yours, and I'm sure there is a great deal of overlap too. 
Quote 0 0
accelsales
Hey guys, I live in the Pacific Northwest and do SaaS sales for a small but growing relocation company. Been in sales for about 5 years now. Welcome rg !
- Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else. -
Quote 0 0
sidman1324
interesting! RG, i speak Japanese and have been doing so for about 11 years now - could that be of interest? 
Quote 0 0
sidman1324
for my career so far, i have only been in 2 jobs - this one i am currently is my second - i am a sales engineer for a load balancing company and its going pretty good- i am new in this space as well as being a full fledged sales engineer, so i am learning a lot everyday and this site will help me as i can help others [smile] Im in the Uk [smile] 
Quote 0 0
Regius
Welcome sidman! [wave] Great to have a UK member!
Quote 0 0
sidman1324
thanks [smile] great to be here [smile]
Quote 0 0
DenverSE
Reporting from Denver, CO USA. I work for a mobile technology company and love it. Welcome everyone!
Quote 0 0
entrepretech
This is neat!
Quote 0 0
Alpha
Hello! I am a sales development professional in the greater Los Angeles area working for a tech company. I've been doing sales development for about 2 years now and enjoy the challenge of uncovering customer information, asking strategic questions, and finding business for my company. While it is definitely hard work, I enjoy it and I've learned a lot.

I am looking forward to learning even more! 
-No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.-
Quote 0 0