UT

Is it better to invite a customer to lunch or to happy hour? votes

Lunch 3 votes
60%
 Happy Hour 2 votes
40%
Please sign up or log in to vote.
Hello, and thanks in advance for your opinions.

Some people say that a lunch proposal is better because the prospect is more likely to accept since it is within "working hours". Others say that happy hour is better because the customer might "loosen up" more and share more information with you. 

Which do you think is better and why?
Quote 0 0

crushing_quota
I've never asked a customer to happy hour. Do people do this? Should I be doing this?
Quote 0 0
UT
I'm not sure why the poll has been closed? But I would still appreciate your opinions. Thanks. 
Quote 1 0
moderntechsales
Hi UT, thank you for letting me know that the there was a bug with the poll. The issue has been corrected and the poll is back open. From now on, you should be able to select the desired duration of the poll when you create it or by ‘Editing’ the poll. 

Cheers!
https://moderntechsales.com
The premier technology sales community.
Quote 0 0
salesdev_RJ
I would think that it is very dependent on the customer and the context of the situation. I know sales guys who schedule both types of appointments. 
Quote 0 0
the_wolf_of_tech_sales
If I had to choose between the two, I would have to vote Lunch. For the products that I sell, it just doesn't really make sense to take a client to "happy hour". How about meeting them at a seminar, or an educational workshop?
Quote 0 0
yannie15
UT wrote:
Hello, and thanks in advance for your opinions.

Some people say that a lunch proposal is better because the prospect is more likely to accept since it is within "working hours". Others say that happy hour is better because the customer might "loosen up" more and share more information with you. 

Which do you think is better and why?
Dinner and after hours are better because you indeed build a stronger relationship past working hours. During lunch, your client is still in half working mode but during dinner personal details will be discussed [smile] 
Here: is  a nice article if building stronger relationships is your focus: 
Quote 0 0
Yulia.brvk
I prefer a lunch proposal. But, I think, it depends on many other factors. In particular, on how you conduct a conversation with a client. Here I found a lot of useful recommendations: https://goo.gl/VcKP8m . I hope they will also help you)
Quote 0 0