Mike Cartwright
What works best? How do you choose between the two?

Does it depend on the prospect? Is it only about their location?

Share experiences, please!
Quote 0 0

spaceman45
Generally, if it is possible to do something virtually...we will. That's our rule of thumb. With technology, it's possible to share screens, info, data, voice chat, see eachother, etc. It is just more efficient to do it virtually. If there is a business or strategic advantage to do it in person, then we will. But typically the account is either a strategic account for us or we were already planning to be onsite if we hold an in person demo. Or it's a large deal. 

I think the standard demo policy applies to both virtual and face to face (and could help determine which may be better for that customer); understand their needs and goals for the demo beforehand to maximize the use of the demo time. I've even had teammates completely change a demo on the fly because our standard demo didn't match what the customer was trying to accomplish. Our goal is to make a demo that fits the customer's need, not try to make the customer's need fit our demo. 
Quote 0 0
Mike Cartwright
Thank you, spaceman45!

Agree that face-to-face demos are better if:1. it is a strategic account 2. it is a large deal.

I like the last sentence of your comment! Yes, demos are all about fitting with the customer's need (and not the other way around)!
Quote 0 0