Norcal707
I'm thinking of changing my proposal layout and I wanted to know what you guys think.

So typically after I perform a site walkthrough I go back to my office with all the information, build out a proposal, and then submit the proposal via email. 

But I'd like to design a more interactive and personal approach where I go back to my office, build out the proposal, then schedule a meeting where we can talk about it. I feel like my closing percentage would increase using this method based on my closing strategy, overall likeability, and stunning looks [cool]

My goal would be to present the proposal and have them sign the contract there on the spot. What do you guys think?

Also, do you where I can find slide templates? 
Quote 0 0

innov8
I think that's a good idea and would help increase your close rates. We've found it beneficial to be able to control the conversation and solution presenting with a formal review of the customer's problems and our solution with them, either in person or virtually. Otherwise, they may misinterpret or make their own assumptions about what your solution does or does not offer. 

I tried finding some solution presentation powerpoint decks online for you and didn't have much luck. I know that for ours, the Agenda for the presentation may look something like this:

1. Review the facts / problems (remember to use unbiased facts and problems they are actually experiencing)
2. Check for understanding (Make sure everyone is on the same page and that you truly understand their problems. See if they want to add anything.)
3. Review Options, pros and cons (both your solution and potentially competitor solutions, typically at least 2 solutions but not more than 3)
4. Give your recommendation and why (if done correctly, you will have taken the customer through a "journey" highlighting that their problem is significant, there are a few ways to solve it, but your solution is the best and here's why.)

Hope this is helpful. [thumb]
Quote 0 0
Norcal707
Awesome! I love the ideas. When I was selling copiers and office equipment we used a similar approach to what you've outlined. Are there any other selling points that you believe need to be mentioned?

How long would you keep the presentation for? Typically I like to keep it short and sweet and cover the details but there is a fine line between too much information and too little information - you know what I mean?
Quote 0 0
crushing_quota
Nice info innov8. One thing I would add to help in the proposal phase is to provide evidence that your solution has helped people in the past. Provide benchmark data, analyst reports, customer testimonials, etc. to support your solution. Show them you have delivered a similar system to a customer in a similar situation.
Quote 0 0
innov8
Yeah I wouldn't make it very lengthy. Just a slide or two for each of the bullets. Like for step 2 that I listed, you can just do that verbally and pause during the preso, you don't necessarily need to have a slide for it. I think the amount of minutes the preso will take will depend on the importance of the customer and complexity of the solution.
Quote 0 0
Mike Cartwright
I like this approach. I think this would increase the likelihood of getting that deal closed. Keep the presentation short, simple and on point.

About the contract signing part though, it still depends on the flow of the presentation and conversations. For me, I always have the contracts at the table ready for them to sign and if they don't have any concerns with the proposal then I ask them to sign but if there are other things to still work with, I reschedule for another meeting with them to finalize everything.
Quote 0 0