DenverSE
Hello community,

I was curious, what are some of your best practices for the start of the quarter? Pipeline refresh? Closing dead opps? Re-setting goals? Good books to read? Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks [smile]
Quote 0 0

the_wolf_of_tech_sales
At the beginning of the quarter, my team tends to forecast what we believe will close in that current quarter. Then as each quarter comes and goes, you can see how you stacked up against your predictions at the end. Also is good for projecting your numbers and determining how much prospecting you'll need to do to hit quota that quarter. 
Quote 1 0
BJack
I think it's important to set goals at the beginning of the quarter so that as things get busy, you can ensure you are staying on track with what you had intended to set out to accomplish. For example, big deals you want to close, accounts you want to grow, new customers you want to acquire, events you want to hold, etc.
Living easy. Living free.
Quote 2 0
KaleiWhite
Start a new quarterly competition with sales gamification! I use a tool that integrates with my CRM that easily creates a leaderboard in my sales floor, displaying in real time performance metrics, ranking everyone and displaying specific accomplishments like when a big deal is closed. It plays music, videos, etc and really adds a fun, competitive atmosphere that has helped us to boost sales. 

Check out this post that explains how it works, it's called Hurrah! Leaderboards by CRM Gamified. 
Quote 1 0
Mike Cartwright
BJack wrote:
I think it's important to set goals at the beginning of the quarter so that as things get busy, you can ensure you are staying on track with what you had intended to set out to accomplish. For example, big deals you want to close, accounts you want to grow, new customers you want to acquire, events you want to hold, etc.

This rings true for me and my team. I think it's important to know what page you're on and if the team is willing to put in the effort to make the plan work as far as reaching your goals is concerned. Awareness is key. 
Quote 0 0