5G
Hi, does anyone have and/or recommend a sales coaching template? We are going to be onboarding some new sales guys and we would like some directed materials for coaching them.
Quote 0 0

tblacks85
What specifically are you looking for? Training materials, prospecting templates, soft skills, closing templates? There is a lot to choose from when training new sales people...
Quote 0 0
5G
Right now we are looking for very basic high level sales coaching guides to rate their current performance and help them grow. Does that make sense?
Quote 0 0
ktomlin
Hey 5G, are they going to be making sales calls? If so, how about creating a scorecard for them? Something like:

Opening (rate 0-10)
Discovery (rate 0-10)
Expansion (rate 0-10)
Closing (rate 0-10)
Conversation flow (rate 0-10)
etc.

Then you can take notes while they call customers and give them a quantitative score. This will help highlight areas of improvement and strengths to continue coaching. We have something similar here. 
Quote 2 0
5G
Thanks ktomlin! I like this approach. I think we can modify it to adjust the scoring and categories for what we want the new guys to learn and work on. I appreciate your reply!
Quote 0 0
spaceman45
I mentioned this in my other post, but you can potentially create your own templates and tools in word or excel (as recommended by another member). They can be interactive and modifiable. 
Quote 0 0