thesalesengineer
What is the best time of the day to send prospecting emails (or make calls)? Does it matter? Thoughts?
Quote 0 0

QCommission
I read somewhere that the best time is around noon. People tend to delete anything they view as unimportant in the mornings, and they're usually more relaxed around lunch time.
Quote 0 0
the_wolf_of_tech_sales
QCommission do you have a reference to the article you are referring to? I'd be curious to read it.

I've had the best luck in the mornings. My customers are typically at their desks the first thing in the morning and it's easier to catch them. 
Quote 0 0
QCommission
Hi, the_wolf_of_tech_sales! Here's the link to the article that I read: https://emailmarketing.comm100.com/email-marketing-tutorial/best-day-to-send-email.aspx

It's addressed to marketers, but I guess the same rules apply when it comes to email open rate. [smile]
Quote 1 0
thesalesengineer
Interesting article... thank you for supplying. It makes sense, but also seems counter intuitive too. If people generally check their emails in the morning, and they see the email long enough to delete it, then you essentially accomplished your feat of getting the email in front of them. But also, if they delete it then that's not good either. Sounds like some trial and error is in order! [tongue]
Quote 0 0
Norcal707
I've feel like early mornings prospects are more responsive.  They arrive at the office and check emails.
Quote 0 0
the_wolf_of_tech_sales
Here is some data from the Harvard Business Review. Incredibly insightful Infographic! Looks likes the best days to contact leads are Wednesday and Thursday and the best times are about 8am and 4pm.
best-practices-for-lead-response-management.jpg 
Quote 0 0
QCommission
Hi, the_wolf_of_tech_sales! This infographic contains very useful information! Will forward to our sales team. [smile] Thanks!
Quote 1 0
Mike Cartwright
I think that it varies a bit depending on your target industry.

But from my personal experience, I get email responses when I send it early morning and at night. It's because that's their free time, I guess? And I rarely get replies when I send it late in the morning or at lunch time. Maybe people are prioritizing other things during that period.
Quote 0 0
QCommission
Hi, Mike! Great point right there. Nowadays, more people have access to work email through their cellphones, and folks tend to have more time to read through their emails on their way to work or going home - unless they're driving of course. [smile]
Quote 1 0
Mike Cartwright
QCommission wrote:
Hi, Mike! Great point right there. Nowadays, more people have access to work email through their cellphones, and folks tend to have more time to read through their emails on their way to work or going home - unless they're driving of course. [smile]

I definitely agree. That's why it's also best to keep email subject lines/email body as short as possible. Be it prospecting emails or other campaigns, it should always be mobile-friendly.
Quote 0 0
Yulia.brvk
I think you should do this during the working day. Also you can learn how to write reminder email to client for payment:  https://nethunt.com/en/how-to-write-reminder-email-to-client-for-payment.jsp
Quote 0 0